Thank you for your interest in Highcliffe Primary School. We would be delighted for your child to attend our school. If you wish to apply for a place for your child/ren, please read the information on this page.
Whilst Highcliffe Primary School is an Independent State Funded academy, we have commissioned Leicestershire County Council to manage and administer the application and appeals process.
- Highcliffe Primary School takes children the September after their 4th birthday and for their first year children are taught in Foundation Stage.
- In Years 1 and 2 they are in Key Stage 1.
- In Years 3, 4 5 and 6 they are in Key Stage 2.
- Children transfer to secondary schools at the end of Year 6 when they are 11 years old.
- Parents can apply for a place by using the On-line Admissions system (paper forms on request) on the Leicestershire County Council website
You can contact Admissions on: Telephone: 0116 305 6684
email: [email protected].
- Use the LCC’s ‘find a school’ search to see catchment maps for schools and a list of schools within your local area. The ‘Your Guide to Education’ section has all the information required for entry to schools for September.
- Closing date for transfer applications for September 2023 intake is 15th January 2023.
- Results for the 2023/24 transfers will be made available on 16th April 2023. To get your results sign onto ‘Online Admissions’ using your user name and password with which you made the application, then click on the results link.
- If your child has been refused a place in the school you have applied to, you have the right to appeal against this decision. Appeals to decisions regarding school places are managed by Leicestershire Local Education Authority. Details, including the timetable for appeals, can be found here.
MID TERM (IN YEAR) ADMISSIONS
All mid-term (in year) admissions for students in EYFS and Y1-6 must go through the local authority at www.leicestershire.gov.uk/education-and-children/schools-colleges-and-academies/school-admissions/apply-to-move-school